Having your own example.com domain is one of the first things that you should think of when thinking of hosting. Depending on how successful your site is your domain will eventually hold a lot of Brand equity. Having a name that is easy to remember is a great start but is getting more and more difficult to find.
Most domain name registrars provide a tool to help you find an unused name but it will take time and some luck to find a good one. Registering the name is fairly easy with most shopping cart systems and the cost is typically around $10 per name not including hosting or extras such as privacy. As part of the registration process you can choose the DNS servers of your provider or choose to keep the servers that the registrar provides. This can be the most confusing part of the setup if you are not familiar with DNS especially if you decide to change the name servers later.
At PageShoppe we offer a Free domain name as part of most packages. This allows a user to choose their name as part of the hosting plan setup. During the shopping experience you are given a chance to find a name that you want and then we take care of all the setup and settings for you. There is no need to learn about DNS unless you want to. You still have the ability to manage your domain name easily from the control panel that we provide you and if you need any help to make changes our friendly and knowledgeable support is always there to help.
Our goal is to make the setup extremely easy so you have more time to spend on things you enjoy like creating content and promoting your site.
As always if you have any questions please feel free top contact us.
At first glance it seems quite difficult to select a hosting provider with all the options out there.
The problem is that there are so many choices and the options and special conditions offered by many plans are very confusing.
Unfortunately the old saying you get what you pay for applies to web hosting too. Here at PageShoppe our focus is on reliability, performance and support.
Big pipes are only the start when it comes to Hosting speed. PageShoppe uses Enterprise storage solutions that employ newly developed caching technology to accelerate hot data up to 8 times faster than conventional storage solutions alone.
Storage, CPU capacity and memory can be added on the fly without reboots or re-installs with our cloud hosting platform. Data is backed up daily as well as held on highly redundant systems ensuring no data loss or downtime. Upgrades and maintenance are transparent and occur without affecting any services.
Our plan policies and pricing are simple.
No setup fees and we offer a wide variety of monthly (no fixed term) plans that can be canceled anytime.
Payments are secure online through the worlds most trusted payment gateway – PayPal. All of our shared hosting plans come with cPanel and Fantastico Deluxe that offers 60 second one click installs of your most favorite software such as WordPress and osCommerce.
Most of our packages offer a Free domain such as www.example.com
So what should you ask when your looking for a Hosting provider.
1. Do they offer fast connections?
2. Do they have a back-up system in place to protect your data in case there is a power outage?
3. Do they require you to make payments in advance?
4. Do they require a long-term contract?
5. Do they charge set up fees?
6. How is their customer support? Test them.
7. Do they provide you with free access to a secure server for order processing?
8. Do they offer shopping cart software to process your orders?
9. Do they provide you with an online Web Site Manager?
Here are some basic features you should look for when selecting a web host:
1) 24/7 reliable tech support
2) Your own domain name (www.yourname.com)
3) At least 10GB of monthly transfer (traffic)
4) A minimum of 20MB – 50MB of server space
5) Unlimited true POP email accounts – firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Unlimited email aliases
7) Email forwarding
9) Your own unrestricted CGI-Bin
10) Access to SSL Encryption for secure transactions
11) MySQL Database
13) htaccess password protection
14) Server Side Includes (SSI) support
15) Design (and upload to) your site using Netscape or other HTML editing software
16) Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions for those utilizing FrontPage
17) Unlimited free access to your server via FTP/Telnet
18) Easy access to your log files
19) Statistics on visits to your site
20) Referral Program
We offer all the above.
If you have any questions we would love to hear from you.